Effective Date: 15.9.2023
Our Commitment to Privacy
UCB is not a healthcare provider (e.g., a doctor, hospital, pharmacist, etc.) and is generally not subject to the Privacy Rule under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, commonly known as HIPAA, which imposes additional requirements on healthcare providers relating to protected health information.
Unless specifically stated, no UCB Website is intended for persons under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect information from Website visitors unless You have indicated that You are age 13 or older by submitting information to Us. We encourage parents to talk to their children about their use of the Internet and the information they disclose via the Internet.
“Personal information” means information that identifies You or could reasonably be used to identify You, and which is collected and/or maintained by UCB in an accessible form. Although the types of personal information We collect and share depend on the nature of Your relationship with UCB, as well as requirements of applicable laws, below are general categories of personal information that we may collect (either directly or indirectly).
Information collected automatically. We automatically collect some information about Your computer when You visit this Website. For example, We may collect web browser software (such as Microsoft Edge), or Your language preference. We also may collect information about Your online activity within our Website, such as the pages You visited. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help customize Your user experience.
Use of information
Except as otherwise stated, We may use Your personal information for the following general purposes:
- to measure interest in and improve the content of a Website;
- to resolve disputes or troubleshoot problems;
Disclosure of information
We may disclose Your personal information to other UCB affiliates worldwide. In addition, We may disclose Your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. For example, We may disclose Your personal information:
- to third-party service providers We use to support our business (e.g., Internet service providers, hosting companies, financial institutions, and companies that provide business analytics, fulfillment services, technical support, and delivery services);
- in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by applicable laws or government regulations;
- to protect and defend the rights of UCB, any Website or the users of any Website;
- under circumstances We believe reasonably necessary to protect the personal safety of users of UCB’s products and services, this Website or the public; or
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services We believe You will find of interest.
Protecting your personal information
UCB has adopted a number of recognized standards to protect the privacy of Your information, and We have provided a description and an example of these standards below. However, not every particular use or disclosure in every category will be listed.
We restrict and protect how Your personal information is used. We have guidelines which limit access only to those who have a reasonable need to use Your personal information. In addition, We limit how Your information is used to reasonable and legitimate business purposes. Finally, We may use Your personal information for business management and administration or to carry out Our legal responsibilities.
For disclosures to third parties, it is Our standard practice to require those third parties keep Your personal information confidential and to use Your personal information only in a limited manner and in accordance with applicable data protection laws and regulations.
UCB will not sell or license Your personal information to third parties except in connection with the sale or transfer of a product line or division, or in connection with a joint marketing program.
We use strong computer security protections. UCB has implemented technical, administrative and procedural safeguards in an effort to secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Unfortunately, no such measure is ever 100 percent effective, so we do not guarantee that your personal information will be secure from theft, loss, or unauthorized access, use or disclosure, and we make no representation as to the reasonableness, efficacy, or appropriateness of the measures we use to safeguard your personal information.
If You have reason to believe that Your personal information is no longer secure (for example, if You feel that the security of Your account has been compromised), please immediately notify Us using the contact information below.
We conduct privacy and security training and education programs. We provide appropriate training to staff who have permanent or regular access to personal information, who are involved in the collection of personal information, or in the development of tools used to collect, use or share personal information.
You may choose:
- not to provide personal information, but that may result in Your inability to obtain certain services or use certain features of our Websites;
- to stop receiving commercial e-mails from Us in any such message We send or by sending an e-mail to the contact address at the bottom of this policy;
- to delete or decline cookies by changing Your browser settings. (Click “Help” in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions.) If You do so, some of the features and services of our Website may not function properly; or
- to review and update Your personal information by contacting Us at the link below and, if You have an online account on a Website, by logging into that account.
Access and deletion requests
If permitted by local laws, You have the right to request access to (or correction of) the personal information We have collected about You in a portable and readily usable format. In addition, You can request that We delete Your personal information in accordance with local laws. Please submit Your request(s) using the address listed in the “How to Contact Us” section below. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to Your verifiable request unless it is excessive, repetitive or manifestly unfounded. If We determine Your request warrants a fee, We will explain why We made that decision and provide You with a cost estimate before completing Your request.
California Consumer Privacy Act
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) gives California consumers the right to know what personal information is collected about them, how it will be used and to whom it is disclosed. In addition, the CCPA provides You (as a California resident) with specific rights subject to certain exceptions.
- The Right to Know. You have the right under the CCPA to request that We disclose what personal information We collect, use, disclose, and sell.
- The Right to Deletion. You have the right under the CCPA to request deletion of any personal information about You that We have collected from You.
- The Right to Opt-Out. You have the right under the CCPA to opt-out of the sale of Your personal information.
- The Right to Non-Discrimination. You have the right under the CCPA not to be discriminated against for exercising Your rights.
Please note that some of the personal information that We collect, use, and disclose may be exempt from the CCPA because it is regulated by other federal and state laws that apply to Us.
Nevada Privacy Law
We do not sell Covered Information as defined under Nevada law.
Links to other Websites
How to contact us